Provided your training and nutrition are in check, supplements can help you gain an advantage and take your physique to the next level. Here’s a quick list of the ones I take and recommend. I wish to stress that nutritional supplements are not a replacement for a workout program or attention to detail with diet, they merely complement these essential components of an overall program.
#1) Protein: (Post-training / Daily)
- Involved in every physiological process in the body.
- Provides raw material for muscle growth and aids in recovery following intense training.
- Helps with a feeling of fullness
- Requires more energy to process than carbohydrates or fat.
- Consuming multiple meals of whole food per day can get expensive, time-consuming or impractical.
- Provides an alternative to sweets or processed junk foods
#2) Men’s Daily Pack multivitamin, mineral, amino and herbal formula with fish oil: (Pre-training / Daily)
- Provides all essential micronutrients to protect against cell damage and aid in repair and recovery.
- Contains key ingredients to speed up metabolism and increase calorie burning while decreasing appetite.
- Fish oil helps reduce inflammation, ease joint pain and improve circulation.
Creatine / Creatine Nitrate NO3 (Pre-Training / Daily)
- Creatine enhances muscle strength and improves recovery time between sets.
- Nitric Oxide acts as a vasodilator, relaxing blood vessel walls creating better blood flow and circulation.
Branched-Chain Amino Acids (BCAA’s) Pre or Post-Training
- Triggers muscle protein synthesis in response to training.
- Provides electrolytes which are depleted during intense workouts.
- Aids in recovery.
- Can prevent muscle tissue breakdown during training if consumed before a workout.
- Most Abundant Amino acid in the body
- Prevents muscle tissue breakdown and muscle-wasting (especially at night).
- Rebuilds muscle tissue and aids in immune function.
Testosterone Booster (Men)
- Increases muscle building environment in the body.
- Provides strength, energy, and mood support.
- Key hormone involved in fat loss and muscle gain.
- Added benefit of increasing sex drive
- Prevents bloating, cramping and gas.
- Breaks down food and improves absorption of nutrients.
- Plays a key role in immune function.
This list is by no means exhaustive and I don’t want to give the impression that I take every single one of these products each day. Every individual is different and needs to take the time to research the ingredients to develop a program that works for him or her. If you need some solid recommendations on nutrition, training, mindset or supplementation, don’t hesitate to email me or comment below: